Welcome

Welcome to my life. Lola and I are happy to share with you. Sometimes we're silly, sometimes we're sappy. Enjoy!

Thursday, February 08, 2007

Weddings

I am in a wedding on March 3...it's for my dear friend Sara whom/who I adore. She's absolutely wonderful...BUT...I had to get fitted for my Matron of Honor dress today. It's a beautiful shade of purple, but unfortunately, I look like Barney in it because I'm a cow.
I had to go get fitted and I forgot to get a bra yesterday(it's strapless which just adds insult to injury)so I had to go get one at the mall in the town where the dress shop is. Greenwood, SC. It's craptastic. I honestly don't know why they bother with a mall. It's awful. Really and truly.
Soooooo, to make a long pointless story short, I look like Barney which is totally my fault and not hers, but I just felt like whining. I really am honored to be in the wedding and I would love the dress if i was say 50 pounds lighter. I'm just being a pooper.

On a happy note, she did bring her Yorkie Lucy to see me. Lucy loves her Aunt Mel!!! I got tons of puppy kisses!!

1 comment:

Eeyore said...

I'm sure you don't look like Barney! ;)

I sympathize tho...I too had to wear purple as a bridesmaid...it washed me out as it was a pale purple. Not my shade.

The good thing when your in a wedding...everyone is looking at the bride...so who cares! I enjoyed being in others weddings more than my own..less stress!